Skeenah Creek.................. located at the intersection of GA Hwy. 60 and Skeenah Gap Rd. About 18 miles from Blue Ridge, Georgia. Skeenah Creek was named by the Cherokee Indians as Skeenah, meaning Big Bear.
TURNIPTOWN CREEK.................. Gilmer County, Georgia. An affluent of the Ellijay River, located northeast of Ellijay. The name is translated from the Cherokee name, Ulunyi, which means Tuber place. TURNIPTOWN MOUNTAIN, with an elevation of 3,800 feet, is located seven miles east of Ellijay. There was an early Cherokee Indian village named TURNIPTOWN, located four miles northeast of Ellijay.
WHITE PATH LAKE...................... Gilmer County, Georgia. An early post office, located about five miles northeast of Ellijay. Named after the noted Cherokee Chief, White Path 1768-1838 of the Turniptown region. Also named for this chief is nearby WHITEPATH SPRINGS and LAKE.
CARTECAY RIVER.......... Gilmer County, Georgia.. This was an old Cherokee Indian settlement, and is now a rural community about six miles southeast of Ellijay. The name is from a Cherokee Indian word meaning bread valley. Spelling variations and previous names have been CARTECAY, CORTIKEYEH, KANTIKA, CARTIKEE, and CROSS ROAD. CARTECAY DISTRICT in the southeast section of the county was named from the town. CARTECAY RIVER of Gilmer County is located in the CARTECAY VALLEY, all with the same variation.
BOARDTOWN................ Gilmer County, Georgia. This stream / community is in the northeast section of the county flows southward to join the Ellijay River. It was named for BOARDTOWN, a former Cherokee Indian community in this region.
WATSON MILL BRIDGE...................located in Oglethorpe County, Georgia .Built by W.W. King in 1885, Watson Mill Bridge is Georgias longest existing covered bridge. Of the Town lattice type it has four spans and is 236 feet long. Covered primarily to protect the structural timbers, the bridge served local traffic, the workers of the now missing grist mill and saw mill and even for picnics and square dances. The bridge was restored in 1973, by the Georgia Department of Transportation to serve as a nucleus for the surrounding state park.